M&m

M&m

5.10.12

Super Heros: The Next Class

Before I break down yesterday, I have to mention that the title of this post is a shout out to Saturday morning tv, and SBTB.

Yesterday was a good day, Beth dropped off and picked up.  The kids were good at Susan's and good last night up to the actual point of going to bed.  We had pizza for dinner, Beth and the kids warm pizza, but since I had to work a little late I got cold pizza. (I know I could warm it up, but reheated thin and crispy is not very good.)

Yesterday during lunch Beth went shopping for Halloween costumes.  During the entire time she was gone on her trip Mas kept talking to me, and complete strangers about what he wanted to be for Halloween.  He was going to be Batman, and Madi was going to be a mix between Big Bird and a Super Girl.  I think Beth may have had some issues finding that mix so she made an audible at the line and just went for a Super Girl.  Last night we tried on their alter egos and let them walk around for awhile.  I noticed a few things while they were in Super Hero mode... Mas is extremely vain!  He stood in front of the full length mirror for several minutes, not moving just standing there practicing saying "Ra's Al Ghul" & "I'm Batman!"  Madi on the other hand does not need the outfit for confidence, she knows she doesn't have to hide behind a mask.  I think Beth took a few pictures, but I think it is best to wait until Halloween for the Heroes to be seen in person.  Plus as I was thinking back did Batman ever have his picture taken?  I know Superman, Spiderman, and Ironman had their faces plastered all over the news papers.

After Batman and Super Girl got back into their street clothes, and went back to being Mas and Madi, we played for a while.  Mas and I wrestled and he said something that was wise beyond his years.  I must preface with the fact that he has not seen The Dark Knight or Rises.  He told me that he may not be dressed as Batman anymore, but it was not the suit that made the person, but him that made the suit.  I wanted to ask him "And why do we fall, Mason?" to see if he responded " So we can learn to pick ourselves up ..."

As I mentioned the kids were good until bed time, they didn't want to go to sleep.  Beth blamed me for being a good cop the whole time she was gone, and now they don't want to go to sleep.  But I really wasn't, I think they knew that mom was on a trip and so crying for her was futile.  Plus I think they missed mommy so much during that day that it wore them out.   Mas did wake up about 10:15 yelling for me, and when I went in there he told me he didn't want to sleep, and wasn't tired... but his eyes were closed the whole time.  Then he asked for a drink, so I got him a very small cup of chocolate milk I got at the store earlier in the day.  But I grabbed the wrong type, I got skim milk.  He took one drink, then handed me the cup and said it tasted weird, and went back to sleep.  That is a true blind taste test!

No comments:

Post a Comment